I have always had a problem with junk food ever since I was a kid. I absolutely detest and despise vegetables. Over the past few months, I have been making it a mission to eat healthy. Here have been my favorite healthy foods so far:
- Chipotle Kid’s Meal, with brown rice, chicken, cheese and hot salsa. I am obsessed with chipotle. I love their burritos but their entire meal is around 1,500 calories! I have found that their kid’s meals make for an excellent and cheap alternative to their full burrito meals. I still don’t have enough willpower to get fruit instead of chips
- Kale with lemon juice, topped with chia seeds and strawberries ~ I find that lemon juice and vinaigrette goes great with kale!
- Jamba Juice’s Acai Bowl
- Silver Hill’s Sprouted Grain Bread ~ Sprouted grain bread fills you up better than regular bread!
- Almost every kind of fruit, except for melons ~ I am a green apple fiend!
- Avocados ~ I love this with eggs on either gluten-free or sprouted grain toast!
- Trader Joe’s Lemon Pepper Chicken ~ I have tried making my own lemon pepper marinated chicken at home but it’s not the same. I cut the chicken breast in half and eat it over the course of two days.
- Parfait, topped with granola, walnuts and frozen berries that I heated up into a syrup. I usually use greek or coconut yogurt in my parfaits
- Chia Seed Pudding ~ It is very easy to make at home!
- Dried fruit ~ Dried strawberries and blueberries are my favorite, but be careful! The dried blueberries get EVERYWHERE. They left my hand dark blue while I was on a plane. They stayed that way throughout the entire plane ride.
- Kombucha ~ I die for the vinegary taste.
- Roast chicken
- Chia seed everything
I still struggle to eat enough vegetables. I have had a lot of luck with fruit and vegetable smoothies. They help me get my vegetables in. I’ll update this list if I find more healthy food I love!